Friday, June 7, 2019

The magic of the words

Personally I'm not a good reader, most of the books I were by the school some of them I liked, like: "Mi planta de naranja y lima", "Cuentos de Eva Luna", "Pride and Prejuice", etc. In my last year of school, the teacher of language brought a box full of books, she gave us each one, we had to read it in three weeks and had to do a powerpoint of it. The book that she gave me was: "La tregua" written by Mario Benedetti.

I really love that book, and I think that thanks to this book now I like to read, the story is about Martin Santomé a widower of 49 years old who is close to retirement, he hate his job, his monotonous life and also he had three childrens: Blanca, Jaime and Esteban and he doesn't have a good relationship with them cause job. One day he meet a beautiful young woman in the work, her name is: Laura Avellaneda, Martin feels something for her and little by little she too.

Martin start to like his life now with Laura so much that one day he plans to propose marriage to her, but she doesn't show up to work, he calls to her house and tell him that Laura is sick... I won't count more to not ruin the end. lol

I really recommend this book because it's not so long and it's quick to read, his very realistic, maybe some feel identified and it has an ending that leaves you mixed fellings. 






3 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting, I will read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow your recommendation and read that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had to read that book in high school, and it was one of the best works I've read :D

    ReplyDelete

Postgrade Studies

Hello and welcome to another blog, well I really don't think about what I'm gonna do after receive my title (if I finish my career )...